Volunteer for VBC with House Build
Volunteers are the backbone of VBC. Without the support of generous people from around the world we would not have been able to build so many houses for people in need.
We have volunteers who drop in for a day or two and those who stay for weeks or months. Our build sites have a great, fun vibe with many like-minded people joining in to finish each project.
Building a home for a family is a wonderful and fulfilling experience. It is so rewarding knowing your hard work helps improve someone’s quality of life.
Volunteering with VBC will take you into the countryside where you will see a real slice of life in Cambodia.
Our projects are suitable for individuals, groups and families, although the work is strenuous and we don’t recommend bringing children under 15. We have also worked with schools and corporations who bring groups of students or staff to build a house as part of their commitment to social responsibility.
- Griffith University, Australia
- International School of Koje, Republic of Korea
- Korea International School, Republic of Korea
- The Hertfordshire & Essex High School, England
- Fairholme College, Queensland, Australia
- Byron Bay High School, New South Wales, Australia
- St Joseph's Institution International School, Singapore
Scheduled house builds
Are you looking for a worthwhile project? Join us for a house build. You can volunteer for a few days or a week. We have seven scheduled house builds, locked in to the following dates:
- November 12
- November 19
Contact us for more information.
To learn more about us and see what our previous volunteers have done, check out our blog.
We respect the following public holidays in Cambodia:
- April – Khmer New Year
- May – King’s birthday
- September/October – Pchum Ben
- November – Water Festival
The dates of these holidays change each year so please check with us if you are thinking of volunteering at this time.
What we organise for volunteers:
- Your guesthouse accommodation
- Airport pick-up
- 24-hour in-country support
- Daily transport to and from the project site
- Project orientation
- Introduction to Siem Reap
- Safe drinking water while on site
What volunteers need to organise:
- Travel insurance (You will not be able to take part without travel insurance)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Snacks on the building site if required
- Sightseeing and entertainment
For more information check out our FAQs.
*Please note that house builds only start when there are enough volunteers and their combined fees make up the project costs. Builds/voluntary work will still go ahead with just one volunteer, but might include installing a well or building a toilet.
Contact us about volunteering today.
Cost For Volunteer Work
1 week US$490
2 weeks US$650
3 weeks US$810
4 weeks US$970
5 weeks US$1,120
6 weeks US$1,270
7 weeks US$1,420
8 weeks US$1,570